- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Using a vegetable spiralizer or a coarse cheese grater, slide the zucchini down the grater, shaving off long strips. Rotate the zucchini constantly, grating all sides, until you reach the seeds in the center.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick skillet.
- Add the shrimp in and season with the salt, black pepper, red pepper (do not omit), and garlic. Sauté the shrimp evenly until they begin to show a pink color, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice, and let the liquid come to a simmer.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir until everything is combined and the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves and serve.