1 Vidalia onion
1 vegetable, chicken or beef bouillon cube
1 – 2 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Peel your onion, leaving the root intact. If your onion sits level, you can leave it alone. If not, cut a thin slice off the root to create a flat bottom.
- Use a paring knife to cut a 1-inch deep cone into the top of the onion. Insert a vegetable, chicken, or beef bouillon cube into the hole.
- Fill the rest of the hole with butter, about 1-2 tablespoons. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the filled onion on a sheet of foil large enough to encase it. Wrap the onion in foil, bringing the edges up in the center. Twist the foil together to seal the onion in.
- Place the foil-wrapped onion on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the onion is tender. Serve warm.
Courtesy of The Cookful