- 1 1/2 lbs lean grass-fed ground beef
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 slices organic Provolone cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Dice the peppers and onions into bite-sized pieces. Mince the garlic.
- Add the ground beef to a skillet and cook over medium heat, crumbling as it cooks.
- When beef is broken apart, but still pink, add the peppers, onion, garlic, and seasoned salt. Continue cooking, stirring often, until beef is cooked through and vegetables have softened a bit.
- Drain grease from the skillet and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Tear the cheese into small pieces and place over the beef mixture.
- Add the eggs, cream, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beef and place the dish in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 366 calories, 23g fat, 33g protein, 5g carbs, 1g fiber
Courtesy of That Low Carb Life