- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- sea salt and black pepper
- 3 peaches or nectarines, sliced into wedges
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced ½ cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 cups crunchy lettuce (like romaine), chopped
- 3 cucumbers, spun into noodles
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped cashews
1: Bring your steak to room temperature, season both sides with salt and pepper.
2: Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
3: Grill steak to medium-rare, about 10 min on one side then 2 min on the other.
4: Transfer steak to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
5: Grill peaches for about 2 minutes each side, watching carefully so they don’t burn. Transfer peaches to a plate.
6: While the steak is cooking, make your dressing by combining the lime juice, fish sauce, apple juice, jalapeño pepper, ginger, garlic, and cilantro in a bowl.
7: Slice the cooked steak thinly against the grain and place it in the dressing. Allow to sit in dressing for at least 20 minutes.
8: On a platter, place the chopped lettuce down as your first layer, then top with the cucumbers, steak, peaches, the fresh mint and basil, scallions, and finally with the chopped cashews.
9: Right before serving, top the salad with remaining dressing.
Diana Rodgers at Sustainable Dish, Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist,
organic farmer, and blogger on all