1 cup milled flax
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese Italian Spice Blend
(basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, etc.)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 TBSP almond/flax/ or coconut milk
3 TBSP Avocado or EV Olive Oil
• Slice the eggplant into ¼ to ½ inch slices
• Place the flax, Parmesan, spices, salt, and pepper in a Ziploc bag and shake until mixed. Pour it onto a plate
• In a bowl, lightly blend the eggs and milk
• Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat until hot.
• Dip each slice of eggplant into the egg/milk mixture and then coat on both sides with the flax/Parmesan/spice mixture
• Place each coated slice into the pan
• Brown thoroughly on both sides
• Add additional oil as needed (sparingly)
• Remove from pan and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil
The eggplant may be eaten as is or, as an alternate, with a spoon of marinara sauce on each slice.