This is my go-to for snacking, breakfast, or meals on the go. They carry well and do not require a fork!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus*
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 unsweetened flax milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded, grass-fed, Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus, green bell pepper, and onion in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. *Any in-season, low glycemic veggie will work here so feel free to customize to taste (or what’s left in your fridge).
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Mix cooked vegetables and cheese into the egg mixture. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven until frittatas are set in the middle and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.