CHICKEN & VEGGIE LAYER:
1 1/2 lb. chicken breast, cooked and chopped, or shredded.
2 celery stalks, chopped.
1 clove garlic minced.
1 carrot, chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp cayenne pepper sauce
⅓ cup paleo mayonnaise
1 ½ Tbsp red-hot original cayenne pepper sauce
½ tsp ground mustard.
½ tsp sea salt.
VEGGIE CRUST INGREDIENTS:
2 cups cauliflower, ground in a processor or grated
2 eggs beaten.
2 ½ tbsp almond flour
1 tbsp cayenne pepper sauce.
¼ tsp sea salt.
¼ tsp pepper
2 sliced and seeded mini red and orange bell peppers for garnish.
Extra hot sauce, to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and grease or oil 5 ramekins (small glass or ceramic bowls), or an 8×8 baking pan.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high combine: coconut oil, chopped celery, minced garlic, and chopped carrots.
3. Sauté vegetables on medium for about five minutes or until veggies soften.
4. Add cooked chopped chicken and 2 tbsp cayenne pepper sauce to skillet and stir and sauté on medium for a for 5 minutes.
5. Turn skillet down to low and cover and simmer for five minutes.
6. Remove from heat and cool a little.
7. In a medium mixing bowl combine all the sauce ingredients and stir together.
8. Mix chicken-veggie mixture with sauce mixture. Thoroughly coat all the chicken and veggies with the sauce.
Divide chicken mixture into five servings and spoon into bottom of ramekins, or spoon all into 8×8 baking dish. Spread and press chicken mixture into bottom of ramekins or baking pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the crust ingredients and mix together thoroughly. Once completely mixed, divide into five portions and spoon on top of chicken layer in the ramekin, spoon all onto the baking dish. Spread crust mixture evenly over chicken mixture with the back of a spoon and smooth out until covered. Press lightly the mini chopped and seeded peppers into crust, if desired.
Bake for 30 minutes or more, or until crust is lightly browned and center is firm. Serve and enjoy.