- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole orange juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, pureed
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 3 tbsp RAW honey (may be adjusted down)
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 1½ tbsp arrowroot starch
- Add ingredients for chicken in a large bowl. Mix everything together, ensuring the chicken pieces are coated, then set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce together except the water and arrowroot powder, and set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook until the outsides are seared golden brown, about 6 minutes. The chicken does NOT have to be cooked all the way through at this point since it will finish cooking in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken pieces to the slow cooker and pour in the sauce. Add the 1/4 cup of water if needed to cover chicken. You can also add additional orange juice or liquid aminos.
- Cook on high for no more than 2 hours, or on low for 2-3 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the end of the cooking cycle, remove the lid and stir the ingredients.
- Add arrowroot powder for thickener and additional liquid if needed. Stir everything together again and replace the lid, allowing the sauce to thicken as chicken finishes cooking.
- Serve the chicken on riced cauliflower. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion and enjoy!
277 Calories, 13 g Carbs, 36 g Protein, 9 g Fat