- 2 c. grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. cornstarch or Arrowroot
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 2 c. shredded organic Cheddar cheese
1. Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini with a clean kitchen towel. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini with egg, Parmesan cheese, green onions, and cornstarch or Arrowroot. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to layer the bottom of the pan. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture onto one side of the pan and shape into a small square. Repeat to form another patty on the other side.
3. Cook until lightly golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat to drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining zucchini mixture. Wipe skillet clean.
4. Place two zucchini patties in the same skillet over medium heat. Top both with shredded cheese, then place two more zucchini patties on top to form two sandwiches. Cook until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.